Luxembourg’s Open Data 5 year roadmap
In the scope of Luxembourg’s Open Data Strategy this operational road map highlights the scheduled work targets for the next 5 years. The indicated data release years depend on the individual data holders’ technical and organisational progress rates and this road map will be revised annually based on targets achieved.
Targets for 2018
- Portal & technology: Major update of the national open data portal, keep ddup with the French udata project.
- Sensibilisation: Establish contact with entire government, and create lists of potential data sets existing at ministry level.
- Data: Data themes to focus on to increase the quantity of opened data.
- Integration of INSPIRE Annex I and II data webservices:
- Transport data
- Geographical data
- Data about social security
- Labour data
- Hackathons & events :
- Themes: sustainability, transport, housing, legal data, audiovisual data.
- Information events for decision makers and training courses for public sector employees.
- Element of Open Government Action plan
- Develop and Approve strategic 5 year road map
- Portal & technology: New custom functions for the open data portal
- Sensibilisation: Establish contact with new government and new ministers, and create lists of potential data sets existing at governmental level, contact with parliament
- Strategy: Link the Open Data project to the Freedom of Information Act project (projet de loi 6810)
- Data: themes to focus on to increase the quantity of opened data...
- Environmental data (air quality, flooding, meteorology)
- Finance data, banking sector
- Energy and telecommunication data
- Health data
- 3D terrain LIDAR data
- Land use data
- Hackathons & events:
- legal data,
- training courses for public sector employees
- Support and promotion of dedicated tourist rambling app, based on available data
- Information events for decision makers and training courses for public sector employees
- Approval of road map and strategy by new government in place ….
2020 and following years
- Portal & technology : General major update of the national Open Data Portal
- Strategy: Link the Open Data project to Accessibility Project of Public Sector web content, and to the Freedom of Information Act project
- Data: Add new data from other domains - themes to focus on
- Tourism data
- INSPIRE Annex III geodatasets
- Cadaster and topography vector geodata
- Hydroclimatology data
- Agricultural data
- Soil & geology data
- Science data – collaboration with science world, university, Luxembourg Institute for Science and Technology LIST, open science program
- Municipality data
- Economy data
- Legal data
- Gender equality data
- Culture and events
- Municipality data
- Increase the quality of the proposed open data sets – towards a greater portion of 3*,4*,5* resources
- Work on metadata quality
- Hackathons & events
- Yearly update of road map to account for 5 year time frame.